At UCAS we aim to help learners make informed choices about their future. We provide information and advice to around 670,000 university applicants each year, and of those there are people with a range of individual needs, including care leavers. Our online information and advice can help learners (and their advisers) understand what support is available with finance, accommodation and settling in.
There is a new blog being published each day during Care Leavers' Week (but it will be available all year round):
- Three reasons to tell us you are a care leaver;
- Six resources to help teachers and advisers support care leavers;
- Support for care leavers going to university;
- Arron Pile at the University of Salford explains how universities and colleges support care leavers;
- the top ten organisations who support care leavers.
For advisers supporting care leavers: https://www.ucas.com/advisers/guides-and-resources/supporting-care-leavers-toolkit
Blog article: https://www.ucas.com/connect/blogs