Choices Together is a FREE six week programme for Looked After Young People in Year 10 and 11, Hosted by the five universities in the North East (Durham University, Newcastle University, Northumbria University, University of Sunderland & Teesside University). Young people are offered the opportunity to find out what it’s like to be a university student, with the opportunity to try out some popular subjects, see where real students live and find out a little more about student life.
The Programme is open to all Looked After Young People in Years 10/11, and the Partnership will assist with travel arrangements, and provide a hot meal at each session. Thursday sessions run after school from 4pm – 7pm, and the Saturday events 10.30am – 2.30pm.
As the Programme is open to young people across the North East, sessions are allocated depending on where attendees live in order to minimise travel time. All pupils will attend the Welcome and Celebration events, and three Thursday sessions. The Programme starts with a Welcome Event at the University of Sunderland on Saturday 2nd February 2019 and runs to the following timetable:
- Welcome Event - Saturday 2nd February, University of Sunderland
- Session 1a - Thursday 7th February, Newcastle University
- Session 1b - Thursday 14th February, Teesside University
- Session 2a - Thursday 21st February, University of Sunderland
- Session 2b - Thursday 28th February, University of Sunderland
- Session 3a - Thursday 7th March, Northumbria University
- Session 3b - Thursday 14th March, Durham University
- Celebration Event - Saturday 16th March, Northumbria University
Applications can be made online at www.nerap.ac.uk/choices or by phone on 0191 208 3128. Flyers and application forms can be requested by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.