Teesside University will be hosting their seventh Raising Aspirations for Young People in Care Conference. Bringing together key people responsible for shaping the future of young people in care, this conference offers a chance to discuss ways to work together to encourage participation, achievement and progression in education.
Who’s the conference for?
- Foster carers -local authority and independent
- Children’s home employees
- Social workers
- Personal advisers
- Designated teachers
- Virtual head teachers
- Local authority teams responsible for young people in and leaving care
At the conference you can hear from key note speaker Lisa Cherry. Lisa is an author and a leading international trainer and consultant, specialising in assisting those in education, probation, social care and adoption and fostering to understand trauma, recovery and resilience for vulnerable children, young people and their families. Lisa has nearly 30 years of experience in this field and combines academic knowledge and research with professional skills and personal experience. Lisa has recently completed research on the impact of exclusion on children who were looked after away from home in the 1970s and 1980s.
You’ll also have the opportunity to attend two of the following workshops of your choice:
- Attachment as a predictor for mental health problems in looked after children – Chris Dlamini
- Building resilience – Kaizen Partnership
- Effective engagement – Kaizen Partnership
- Understanding the education system – Representatives from Primary, Secondary, FE and HE
Please follow the booking link above to be directed to Eventbrite where you can make your workshop selections and confirm your place.
Lunch is included and offers a great chance to network. After booking please let me know if you have any dietary requirements.