SHU Progress is a bespoke scheme that supports you in your application year to University. If you are applying to Sheffield Hallam University, SHU Progress offers additional support throughout the application process. You will be given a support package that includes:
- A named contact to answer your questions and offer advice throughout the year.
- Exclusive visits to the University to meet current students and staff.
- Support with travel costs to visit the University for events and open days.
- Support with making the best application to us, including interview support.
- Exclusive updates on the SHU Progress blog.
As a Care Leaver*, joining SHU Progress has a number of benefits including:
- Additional consideration in the admissions process based on your personal circumstances.
- Access to funding when studying at Sheffield Hallam through the Care Leaver Package.
- The chance to apply for the Unite Foundation Scholarship, which provides free accommodation for 3 years at University.
Being on SHU Progress could give you more confidence and peace of mind in applying to University. Previous SHU Progress students have said:
- "SHU Progress have been able to direct and support me to ensure my transition to university is smooth"
- "The named contact supported me through my application and made me feel a lot better about everything"
If you wish to join SHU Progress, please speak to a teacher, college tutor, social worker or local authority personal advisor about being nominated onto the scheme. Full details about SHU Progress as well as the nomination form can be found here: https://www.shu.ac.uk/shuprogress
For more information, please contact us on (0114) 225 4777 or firstname.lastname@example.org