Help us to develop and enhance our work by becoming a NNECL Member.
NNECL supports professionals working with care experienced students to improve the progression of young people in or leaving care into and through further and higher education.
Support our work
NNECL membership has been developed in response to extensive stakeholder consultation conducted over the past 24 months, which identified a number of areas where our stakeholders would like additional support. Introducing a membership scheme offers a sustainable way to develop and enhance our services whilst ensuring the continuity of the network.
Please note that NNECL membership is not linked to attendance at NNECL regional groups. You do not need to be a member to attend a regional group.
Your contribution will help to ensure a successful and sustainable future for the network as we transition to a independent charity.
Demonstrate your commitment to the care leaver agenda
Care leavers are recognised as a priority target group by the Office for Students (OfS), the independent regulator of higher education in England. The OfS expects all institutions to be providing support to care leavers in all access, retention and progression activities. The OfS have confirmed that funds spent on subscriptions are accountable within access and participation plans.
Investment on subscriptions to networks or services that support your access and participation plan is countable within your plan (Office for Students, Regulatory Advice 6).
Support for your staff
We are here to support the needs of those working with care-experienced students. We help practitioners do this through our four key priorities:
- INFORM - Access to up-to-date, accurate, useful information easily
- SUPPORT - Develop and sustain effective relationships with the right people
- CONNECT - Enhance the impact of your work and develop professionally
- CHAMPION - Be heard, so your work is valued and supported
Help us to inform and influence policy
By joining us, you will be joining a network of individuals committed to transforming the progression of care leavers into further and higher education. We will use our collective voice to engage with key influencers and policy makers to ensure our member’s voices are heard.
Additional membership benefits
As a member, your institution will also enjoy the following benefits:
- 30% conference fee discount for everyone in your institution
- Online webinar programme (New for 2019)
- Members' annual priorities survey
- Use of the ‘NNECL Member’ logo
- Your institutions logo on NNECL homepage with a searchable profile about your institutions activities, with links to your page on the Propel website
- The opportunity to directly inform the work of the charity and inform future membership benefits.
How to join
Membership is open to further and higher education institutions, local authorities and charities in England. Membership will run from 1st April to 30th September 2019.
The following rates apply:
- Further education institutions - £250+VAT
- Higher education institutions - £250+VAT
- Local authorities £250+VAT
- Charities (Excludes exempt charities) £125+VAT
To become a member, please complete the online registration form. We will be in touch once we receive your form.
Payment can be made via invoice or via credit card, you will be able to select your preferred payment option on the form. If you wish to pay via credit card, please complete your payment via visiting the online store.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com