This webinar is aimed at staff supporting children in care and care leavers in their school, college or local authority. The session will provide an overview of the tailored support which many higher education institutions provide to those in care to support them to succeed during their studies. The session will include examples of good practice in higher education institutions in England and guidance for advisors on how to signpost young people to these services.
The webinar is free to participate in online - all you need is a computer with internet access and some speakers.
This webinar is part of a programme of FREE webinars coordinated and delivered by networks of universities in the south and south west of England, funded by the National Networks for Collaborative Outreach (NNCO) scheme - www.hefce.ac.uk/sas/nnco.
- Higher Apprenticeships- an alternative pathway through HE - Thursday 17th March
- Employable Futures - Wednesday 27th April
- Applying to Oxford and Cambridge -Tuesday 10th May
- Support Services for students at university - Wednesday 18th May
- UCAS Personal Statement guidance - Tuesday 24th May
- Writing a UCAS reference - Wednesday 8th June
- Supporting Care Leavers in Higher Education - Thursday 16th June
Book online here