Since 2013, the Department for Education set aside posts for care leavers and this move has proven to be a success. Care leavers have gained permanent positions, as well as promotion, while in return the Department has gained a different perspective on our policy-making.
This year we pleased to offer up to 15 opportunities exclusively for care leavers. There will be opportunities in the Department of Health, Department for Work and Pensions, Foreign and Commonwealth Office, Ministry of Justice, Crown Prosecution Service and Department for Education. These roles will be based across London.
If you are looking for an exciting and different opportunity that allows you to gain experience in central government departments and build key skills then we believe that these roles are right for you.
- A salary between £22,649 and £27,485
- A 12 month Full Time Fixed Term Appointment
- Lots of different and interesting development opportunities
- To help you build examples for an application for a permanent position within the civil service should any be available
- To be an inclusive employer where everyone from every background is welcomed
- Exciting career prospects
- The chance to experience working in the heart of Government
- The chance to work in different areas of the business such as policy teams, ministerial private offices and personal assistant support roles
For information on how you can apply to this exciting opportunity, please contact: Leavers.CARE@education.gov.uk