Les Ebdon, CBE, Director of Fair Access at the Office for Fair Access launched the updated Care Leavers' Topic Briefing today at the NNECL Conference and asked institutions to continue their committment to support this priority group.
Key points from presentation:
- Care leavers remain a priorty group for OFFA
- There has been an increase in number of targets set by institutions in Access Agreements.
- 67% of targets related to access. OFFA would like to see more targets which relate to the whole student lifecycle.
- The outcomes for care leavers has not improved compared to peers and targets are being missed.
- There is a need for greater awareness and a greater ambition to support this important group of students
The updated briefing is available to view on the OFFA website: https://www.offa.org.uk/universities-and-colleges/guidance/topic-briefings/topic-briefing-care-leavers/