The National Network for the Education of Care Leavers 4th national conference will be on 29th November, in Bristol.
We would like to invite all stakeholders including colleagues at HEIs, FE colleges, charities, academics and local authorities (including virtual schools and leaving care teams) to submit proposals for 30 minute plenary sessions and 60 to 90 minute workshops.
The title of the conference is Supporting the Long Term Success of Care Experienced Students in Education and has the following themes, relating to all services and institutions in the team around the child:
How do professionals successfully engage children from an early age in:
• their education
• seeking to achieve positive aspirational outcomes
• What works best to keep young people engaged in education at all levels.
• How do we retain young people in care and leaving care in their education.
• What protective factors enable young people to succeed pre and post entry to HE and what part does resilience play.
• How can young people be empowered to make the right decisions.
Guidelines for submission
Please indicate on your submission whether the workshop is aimed at Beginner, Intermediary, Advanced or All levels. Workshops should be interactive and include opportunities for discussion and sharing of good practice.
Please submit proposals by email to email@example.com. The deadline for submissions is Monday 1 August.