NNECL delivered its third annual conference on December 4 at London Metropolitan University (with significant support from London Met’s Schools, Colleges and Widening Participation team).
The most ambitious yet, this conference highlighted the whole student journey: “into, through and beyond higher education” offering workshops from the full range of sectors involved in supporting care leavers’ education. The conference was attended by over 180 delegates from HEIs, local authorities and charities. Inspirational key note speeches were delivered by Professor Sonia Jackson and Professor David Shemmings. A highlight of the day was the Graduate Care Leaver panel which consisted of six recent graduates talking about their experiences of education, barriers they had to overcome in order to succeed, and their subsequent career paths.
- ‘The best conference I have attended in recent years’
- ‘well thought out programme that was relevant to my needs’
- ‘varied and interesting sessions’
- ‘A useful and inspiring conference’
- ‘this was a fantastic conference which has given me lots to think about’
Presentations from the conference can be accessed here