SHU Progress is a bespoke scheme that supports you during the year in which you apply to University. SHU Progress offers additional support throughout the application process to Sheffield Hallam University. The support package includes:
- A named contact to answer your questions and offer advice throughout the year.
- Exclusive visits to the University to meet current students and staff.
- Support with travel costs to visit the University for events and open days.
- Support with making the best application to Sheffield Hallam, including interview support.
- Exclusive updates via email and the SHU Progress blog.
As a Care Leaver*, joining SHU Progress has a number of benefits including:
- Additional consideration in the admissions process based on your personal circumstances.
- Access to funding when studying at Sheffield Hallam through the Care Leaver Package.
- The chance to apply for the Unite Foundation Scholarship, which provides free accommodation for 3 years at University (please note, this is TBC for 2021/22 entry)
Being on SHU Progress could give you more confidence and peace of mind in applying to University. Previous SHU Progress students have said:
- "Very helpful, all of my questions were answered in depth and I was guided in the right direction for more information if I needed it."
- “My enquiries were responded to quickly, with all the advice and answers I needed to resolve them.”
If you wish to join SHU Progress, please ask your teacher, college tutor, social worker or local authority personal advisor to nominate you to the scheme. Full details about SHU Progress as well as the nomination form can be found here
For more information, please contact us on (0114) 225 4777 or