A mentoring programme for care experienced young people
We understand that individual experiences of care are different and impact people from all walks of life in many different ways.
This programme hopes to celebrate that richness of experience by matching care experienced university student mentors with Year 12/Level 3 year 1, care experienced or estranged students.
What is involved?
• Weekly one-to-one mentoring via an online platform
• Group check-in events throughout the programme - e.g revision support
• Support around topics such as: personal development, goal setting, money management, independent living, future steps and thinking about university
• An opportunity to co-create an experience sharing event for professionals
What's in it for me?
• An opportunity to meet new people who have shared experiences
• Develop your teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
• Advice and support personalised to your strengths, challenges and individual circumstances
• Time to discuss your future and your next steps with a dedicated, one-to-one mentor
• An opportunity to co-create and event with key professionals - what do you want them to know?!
• The mentoring programme begins in January 2021 and finishes at the end of term in July 2021
• If you are under 18 at the time of applying you will need consent from an appropriate adult in order to take part in the programme
• There is no charge for you to take part in this programme - all we ask is that you show a commitment to the programme and are respectful of all individuals taking part
Applications close: Friday 11th December 2020