This page provides advice for students on going home at the end of the autumn term 2020 including information specific to those students without family support:
In the first instance you should inform your university that you will be remaining at university. Universities and colleges should ensure that you remain supported during the winter break. There are also a number of other organisations and resources that can offer support:
- The Care Leaver Covenant with the Department for Education have published Advice for care leavers during and after covid-19External link (Opens in a new tab or window).
- The Become charity provides advice, support and opportunities for care experienced children and young people. It has a coronavirus advice pageExternal link (Opens in a new tab or window)and a helpline.
- The Christmas DinnerExternal link (Opens in a new tab or window) is a project founded by the poet Lemn Sissay MBE for communities to provide a Christmas day meal for care leavers.
- Student Space have advice on how to prepare for staying at university over the Christmas breakExternal link (Opens in a new tab or window).
- Our briefing notes on Students without family support and Supporting student mental health and our webpages for care leavers and estranged students contain links to further resources.