We are committed to supporting young people in or leaving care to progress to higher education. We offer a range of activities and support to looked after children, care leavers and their care workers to help raise aspirations, provide information and support, and to encourage care leavers to reach their potential.
We work closely with local authorities, schools and colleges to provide opportunities for looked after children and care leavers from access to support and activities which help raise aspirations and confidence, right through to supporting those taking the leap and making a university application.
Our Student Recruitment team can advise on the range of activities available, including:
- bespoke visits to the University to discuss course choices, funding and support available
- advice on personal statement writing and interview preparation
- a meeting with dedicated Care Leaver Adviser, Katie Sykes, even before you have applied if necessary - to listen to you and your personal situation
- help in paying your travel expenses if you need to come to the University before your course starts, for example for an interview or open day.
Need help and advice?
- Matthew Greco, Postgraduate Recruitment Co-ordinator & Specialist Groups Co-ordinator: email@example.com
- Katie Sykes, Student Adviser, Student Services: firstname.lastname@example.org