Nnecl members

University of Brighton

At the University of Brighton we want you to get the best out of your course and university experience. If you are a care leaver and planning to study a full-time undergraduate degree, or you might already be studying at Brighton, we have additional support available to help you through your time at university. What support is available for care leavers? Help with money – the University of Brighton care leaver’s bursary, financial advice, and additional financial support from the university and government. Guaranteed accommodation in your first year. A personal student support and guidance tutor, who can help if you are struggling with your studies or need other support. Emotional support and wellbeing – counselling services if you are experiencing stress or difficulty in or outside of university. Study skills assistance – to help you with the academic demands of university, we have study skills sessions and online support. Our Widening Participation team will be able to put you in touch with the right people to help you. Even if you don’t think you will need this extra support at first, you can contact Widening Participation or Student Services (with offices on all of our campuses) for help if things change for you."